On Sunday 10th February global stars of film descended on Grosvenor House, a JW Marriott Hotel, after the prestigious BAFTA Awards Ceremony for the exclusive BAFTA Dinner and After Party. The dinner was held in the famous Great Room, and immedaitely follows a grand red carpet entrance via the forecourt of the hotel where the winners proudly clutch their BAFTA awards.
Executive Chef Nigel Boschetti had the highly pressured job of creating a memorable dining experience for nearly 2000 VIP's.
We are proud that our ranges were chosen for all the linen for this fantastic party. Working closely with Amanda Davis of AD Designs (www.adevents.co.uk
) our sales team were able to put together a portfolio of linens that matched the five Best Film Nominees.
Facts from the Bafta Dinner 2013:
• An overnight and full day of set up is required to get the Great Room ready for the event, followed by a full day to take down.
• 1,920 guests dining
• 180 waiters waiting
• 4,000 wine glasses
• 15,360 pieces of cutlery
• 6,000 petit fours served
• 100kg of chocolate from Hotel Chocolat for dessert
• 600 bottles of DISARONNIO for the After Party
• 200 Magnums of champagne
• 1,200 bottles of wine
• A tonne of british lamb for the main course
• And of course 3108 items of linen!