1. All hired goods (and non-disposable packaging) remain the property of the Owner, N.L.H. Ltd. T/A Northfields, 10 Rigg Approach, London E10 7QN.
2. During the period the goods are on hire, the Hirer shall be solely responsible for the hired goods, and shall alone be responsible for insuring the goods from time of acceptance of the goods until the return and acceptance of goods back into the possession of the Owner.
3. The Owner shall not be responsible for injury or damage to persons or property howsoever sustained arising from any goods under hire. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to fully indemnify the Owner in respect of all claims by any person whosoever for any accident or damage caused by, or arising from the use of hired goods, and in respect to all costs or charges arising thereof.
4. The Owner will always endeavour to supply the specific goods requested. However, the Owner reserves the right to supply the Hirer with similar substitute goods where necessary.
5. The Owner will do its utmost to ensure all goods are delivered in the correct quantities. However the Owner will not be held liable in the event of non-delivery.
6. Whosoever from the Hirer signs the collection/delivery note is deemed by the Owner to be the appointed and authorised representative of the Hirer, and full responsibility for the goods is transferred to the Hirer from that point, until the collection/delivery of the goods.
7. At the time when goods on hire are collected by or delivered to the Hirer or his representative, the Hirer has the responsibility for inspecting the goods and signing the Owner's collection/delivery note. In the event of shortage or damage, the Hirer shall endorse the note accordingly at the time of collection or delivery. If the Hirer fails to perform any of his obligations under this condition, all goods will be deemed to have been collected/delivered in a satisfactory condition and as specified in the delivery note.
8. If the Hirer has any complaint with regards to the condition of the goods hired, the Owner must be informed immediately in writing by fax or by email. The Owner will not consider a redress once the items have been used.
9. In no circumstances will the Owners liability exceed the invoice value of the goods hired.
10. By accepting confirmation of your order you are accepting our Terms and Conditions. These are the terms to which you will be contracted. No alteration or substitution to the terms and conditions will be valid unless agreed in writing by both parties.
11. These terms and conditions and any contract formed between us shall be governed by the laws of England and the Hirer agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
PLACING AN ORDER
1. A purchase order number must accompany every order. Without a purchase order number there is no guarantee that the order will be processed.
2. Orders must be placed a minimum of 48 hours in advance to ensure stock availability.
1. Deliveries are to the main entrance or ground level loading bay.
2. Should the driver be kept waiting whilst attempting a delivery or collection an additional charge will be imposed.
3. Goods must be available for collection at the delivery address, and during working hours, unless otherwise arranged at the time of order.
4. Drivers collecting goods are not authorised to check goods.
5. All deliveries and collections, including aborted deliveries and collections will be charged for. Delivery or collection outside standard working hours (Monday-Friday, 9am - 6pm) will be charged at an additional rate.
6. Any overseas deliveries will incur a surcharge notifiable at the time of the order. This includes Northern Ireland and The Scottish Isles.
7. The Owner will make every effort to effect delivery and collections at the times agreed, however no responsibility will be taken if these times are not met. Removal of the goods will take place as soon as possible after the event – it is the Hirers responsibility to ensure that goods are kept in a safe and dry place until the Owner collect the goods.
8. The Owner will require access to a contracted account at monthly intervals to check and stock take its own equipment.
LOOKING AFTER THE GOODS
1. Goods must not be returned in plastic bags if they are wet. Damage resulting from mildew or other stains that do not respond to standard laundering will be charged at full replacement cost.
2. When laundry bags have been supplied these must be used for the soiled linen after use.
3. Shortages and damages to hired goods will be charged at their full replacement value (details of which are available on request). No substitute item will be accepted by the Owner. Damaged goods include those that have sustained burns, scorches, tears, defacement, concrete, ink and earth stains.
4. Goods that are returned with candle wax will treated with an appropriate wash programme. A charge will be made for this. If the goods do not respond to this programme, the hirer will be charged the full replacement cost.
5. The Hirer may request the return of any damaged goods within 7 working days of being informed of any such damage. After that period all such items shall be disposed of. Any hired/rented items lost or damaged, with the exception of fair wear and tear, will be charged to our customer at the replacement price in force at that date.
6. All goods must be left in a dry and secure location at all times.
1. For non-account holders, payment in full is required before goods are released.
2. Cheques are only accepted if accompanied by a cheque guarantee card unless the cheque has been received at least 7 working days prior to the order delivery date.
3. Any payment that is returned by the bank is subject to a £30 surcharge.
4. All account holders are expected to settle their invoices in full no later than 30 days after the date of the invoice.
5. Invoice queries must be notified within 1 week of receipt of invoice.
6. Once an invoice becomes overdue Northfields reserve the right to:
7. Put the account on hold without notice
8. Take immediate steps to recover outstanding monies including the use of legal help when necessary
9. Close the account and switch all future dealings to Pro Forma only
1. Customers must advise the Owner, in writing, of any toxic or hazardous substances that have been in contact with items returned for laundering. The company will refuse to accept such items if prior notification has not been received.
1. Prices quoted are for one day hire only.
2. Extended hire terms are available upon request.
3. All prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate at the time.
4. Orders received, processed and delivered/collected within a period of 12 hours will be subject to a premium rate, being 10% of the total hire charge.
5. The Owner reserves the right to change any price without need to give prior notice.
1. No charges will be incurred should cancellations be received 1 week prior to delivery. Cancellation of orders within 7 days is chargeable at 30%. Within 48 hours it is fully chargeable.
2. Any goods manufactured specifically for a Hirer will be charged in full, irrespective of when the cancellation takes place
If for whatever reason, you are not entirely satisfied with the goods or the service received, please write to Northfields, 10 Rigg Approach, Leyton, London E10 7QN. Or by email to: email@example.com
. (Your statutory rights are not affected)